Beverages are very satisfying from an ice cold strawberry lemonade in the blazing heat of summer, to a smooth and silky hot chocolate with marsh mellows in the cold, frosty winter. However, if you are trying to stay healthy and maybe even lose weight, beverages can be an evil sneaky way for you to consume many empty calories. Some beverages that you wouldn’t even suspect are bad for you, actually are loaded with sugar, fat, and way too many calories to be in a beverage.
I’m going to break it down for you and let you know what to avoid, and what you can load up on. Lets start with my favorite drink that I drink multiple times a day, and it is really the BEST option for the health conscious Water with lemon! It fills you up, quenches your thirst, and does your body nothing but good. The lemon helps detoxify your body and gives you natural vitamin C. Other diet friendly drinks include tea with lemon, vitamin water Zero, fresh squeezed juices, homemade smoothies(add some spinach, you wont taste it I promise!), and soy milk! Stay AWAY from all carbonated drinks, bottles juices, Starbucks & such, and milkshakes.
- You Are What You Eat: Soda, coffee and booze – a trio of trouble (ballardnewstribune.com)
- What to Drink When It Gets Chilly (uloop.com)
- 40 Beneficial Beverages – From Brain Boosting Energy Drinks to Hangover Recovery Drinks (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Cosmeceutical Beverages Want You to Drink Up (bellasugar.com)
- Warm Apple Cider, Pumpkin Lattes, and More Lightened Up (self.com)
- NYC place bans on drink sizes (bigpondnews.com)
- Beverage Face-Offs: Which One Is Best? (health.usnews.com)
- NYC bans big, sugary drinks at restaurants (news.com.au)